An allergy is a heightened sensitivity to a foreign substance (called an allergen) that causes the body’s defense system (the immune system) to overreact when defending itself.Certain people are sensitive to this allergen and have a reaction when exposed to it. Some allergic reactions are mild and harmless, but others are severe and potentially life-threatening.
An allergy is the response of the body’s immune system to normally harmless substances, such as pollens, foods, and house dust mite. Whilst in most people these substances pose no problem, in allergic individuals their immune system identifies them as a’ threat’ and produces an inappropriate response.
HOW TO GET RID OF ALLERGY ??
Cetirizine 10mg Tablet is an antihistamine and it is used to treat allergic symptoms. It reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose. It is used to treat cold or allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, or runny nose.
About Cetirizine 10mg. Tablet
- Benefits of Cetirizine 10mg. tablet.
- Side Effects of Cetirizine 10mg. tablet.
- Before Taking Cetirizine 10mg. tablet.
- How to take Cetirizine 10mg. tablet.
- How to store Cetirizine 10mg. tablet.
- What Cetirizine 10mg. tablet contains..
Cetirizine hydrochloride is the active ingredient of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets. Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets is an antiallergic medication.In adults and children aged 6 year and above, Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets are indicated
- For the relief of symptoms of hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis) and allergies such as dust or pet allergies (perennial allergic rhinitis), such as sneezing, itchy, runny and blocked nose, red and watery eyes.
- For the relief of swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin (symptoms of chronic idiopathic urticaria, which is also known as chronic nettle rash).
2. Side Effects of Cetirizine 10mg. tablet.
- Uneven Heartbeat
- Sleep problem
- Problem with vision
- Tired Feeling
3. Before taking Cetirizine 10mg. tab.
Do not take Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets
- if you have a severe kidney disease (severe renal failure with creatinine clearance below 10 ml/min).
- if you are known to be allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substance of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets or any of the other ingredients of these tablets (these are listed below, in section 6 “Further information”).
- if you are known to be allergic (hypersensitive) to hydroxyzine (closely related active substances of other medicines).
- if you are known to be allergic (hypersensitive) to drugs from the piperazine family, for example buclizine, cyclizine, meclozine, levocetirizine.
You should not take Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets:
- if you have an intolerance to some sugars, unless your doctor tells you to (this medicine contains lactose).
Take special care with Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets
If you have kidney problems, please ask your doctor for advice; if necessary, you may have to take a lower dose. The new dose will be determined by your doctor.
If you are an epileptic patient or a patient at risk of convulsions, you should ask your doctor for advice.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Due to the profile of cetirizine, no interactions with other drugs are expected.
Taking Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets with food and drink
Food does not noticeably affect the absorption of cetirizine.
No interactions having a noticeable impact have been observed between alcohol (at the blood level of 0.5 per millilitre corresponding to one glass of wine) and cetirizine used at the normal doses. However, as it is the case with all antihistamines, it is recommended to avoid consumption of alcohol while taking this medicine.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Ask your doctor for advice before taking any medicine.
As with other drugs, use of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets should be avoided by pregnant women. Accidental use of the drug by a pregnant woman should not produce any harmful effects on the foetus. Nevertheless, the administration of the medicine should be discontinued.
You should not take Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets during breast-feeding because cetirizine passes into breast milk.
Driving and using machines
Clinical studies have produced no evidence of impaired attention, alertness and driving capabilities after taking Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets at the recommended dose.
If you intend to drive, operate machinery, or perform other tasks that need your full attention, you should not exceed the recommended dose and you should closely observe your response to the drug.If you are a sensitive patient, you may find that the simultaneous use of alcohol or other nervous depressant agents may additionally affect your attention and ability to react.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets
Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets contain lactose; if you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, please contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product.
Allergy skin test
If you are going to have an allergy skin test stop taking Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets for three days before the test.
4. How to take Cetirizine 10mg Tablet
Adults and adolescents above 12 years old:
10 mg once daily as one tablet.
Children between 6 and 12 years old:
5 mg twice daily as half a tablet.
Patients with kidney problems:
Patients with moderate renal impairment are recommended to take 5 mg once daily as a half tablet.
If you feel that the effect of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets is too weak or too strong, please consult your doctor.
If you take more Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets than you should
If you think you have taken an overdose of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets, please inform your doctor. Your doctor will then decide what measures, if any, should be taken.
After an overdose, the side effects described below may occur with increased intensity. Adverse effects such as confusion, diarrhoea, dizziness, tiredness, headache, ailing, dilating (widening) of the pupil, itching, restlessness, sedation, somnolence, stupor, abnormal rapid heart rate, tremors and urinary retention have been reported.
If you forget to take Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets
If you forget to take a tablet, take it as soon as you remember, but wait at least 24 hours before taking the next tablet. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you stop taking Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
5. How To Store Cetirizine 10mg Tab.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children. Do not use Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets after the expiry date which is stated on the box and blister.
6. What Cetirizine 10mg. tablet contains.
The active substance of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets is cetirizine hydrochloride. One film-coated tablet contains 10 mg cetirizine hydrochloride. The other ingredients are: pregelatinized starch, lactose, maize starch, povidone, magnesium stearate, macrogol 6000, basic polymethacrylate, titanium dioxide (E171), talc.
TYPE OF PRODUCT : Anti-Allergic
USED FOR : Relief of swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin
BRAND NAME : ARIZINE-10
AVAILABLE AS : TABLET ( 10*5*10 TABLETS)